- Log in to Internet Banking.
- Point to “Accounts” in the menu and select “Investments.”
- Click the “Investment Options” button at the bottom of the page.
- Under Mutual Fund Selection, click “Mutual Fund Enrollment.”
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the Mutual Fund Selection Investment account and click “Enroll.”
Within one business day, you will receive an email with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) which is needed to sign in to your Mutual Fund Selection investment account. In one to two business days, you will receive another email with your account number and information on how to access your account.
Set up your Elections (Current and Future Elections)
You have the capability to select your future elections with any of the mutual funds available. Dollars moved from your HSA Bank account prior to selecting your future election will default to the money market fund as a current election at 100 percent.
Current Asset Alignments
This link allows you to move dollars from the defaulted money market fund to any of the mutual funds available in the platform. You may realign the dollars in the money market by assigning a percentage to the other funds.
Future Investment Elections
Allocate percentages for future dollar transfers to the investment account. This link allows any future dollars transferred from your HSA Bank account to the investment account to be automatically invested according to your desired percentages.
To ensure accurate IRS reporting, send all HSA contributions through HSA Bank before transferring funds to your investment account. To transfer funds to your Mutual Fund Selection investment account, log in to Internet Banking or contact the Client Assistance Center. Note that transfers generally take two business days to clear if transferred before 2 p.m., CT.
Transfer funds via HSA Bank's Internet Banking
- Log in to Internet Banking.
- Point to “Accounts” in the top navigation bar, scroll to “Investments.”
- Select either “Transfer to Investments” or “Transfer from Investments”, click “Next.”
- Follow the instructions to complete your transfer request. You will receive an email confirmation.
Note: You may transfer up to $10,000 per day through HSA Bank's Internet Banking.
Transfer funds via HSA Bank's Client Assistance Center
- Call (800) 357-6246 on Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., CT.
- Provide the representative with your HSA number, brokerage account number and the amount of money you would like to transfer.
- HSA Bank will process the transfer. Transfers generally take two business days to clear if transferred before 2 p.m., CT.
- Log in to Internet Banking to choose from a variety of funds and allocate your funds. Funds not allocated prior to the money transfer will default to the money market fund.
Return Funds to Your HSA
If you are transferring funds from your investment account, the investments will be liquidated on a proportional basis according to your current allocation percentages within the respective mutual funds, pro rata.
Note: Funds will be available in your HSA Bank account within two business days.
Self-directed investment accounts are the sole responsibility of the account owner. Carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of investing your HSA funds before doing so. HSA Bank does not provide brokerage services; brokerage services are provided by DEVENIR. If your HSA balance falls below $5,000, you may incur a monthly investment fee. HSA Bank does not offer investment advice. HSA Bank and other business entities receive compensation from DEVENIR for providing various services to the funds, including distribution (12b-1) and service fees.
Investment accounts are not FDIC insured, may lose value and are not a deposit account or other obligation of HSA Bank. Investment accounts are not bank guaranteed or guaranteed by any federal government agency. Self directed investment accounts are the sole responsibility of the account owner. Performance data and ratings represent past performance and are not a guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate and investors' shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Investment losses which are replaced are subject to the annual contribution limits of the HSA.
In selecting and classifying the above group of mutual funds, HSA Bank's investment advisor, DEVENIR, does not intend to provide any personalized investment advice in connection with this program. Devenir is not making a recommendation to individual health savings accountholders (“you”) that any of the mutual fund investment options are, or would be a suitable or appropriate investment for you. That decision is yours.
Before you invest in any particular mutual fund, you should carefully review the fund’s prospectus and consider its objectives, associated risks and any other fees or expenses that may apply. Investing entails the risk of loss of principal. You can find a fund's prospectus by logging into your Mutual Fund Selection investment account through HSA Bank’s Internet Banking system and selecting the mutual fund of choice. You can also call the fund’s toll free number to request a prospectus.