Where to find the IRS information you need

From tax advantages and guidelines to forms and filing information, here are important links to the IRS information you need to make the most of your HSA.

IRS Notices & Publications

Tax-related Forms

Forms you will receive from HSA Bank:

IRS Form 1099-SA is provided for each HSA distribution you made in the current tax year.

IRS Form 5498-SA indicates your HSA contributions made for the current tax year. This information is used to complete IRS Form 8889.

Instructions for IRS Forms 1099-SA and 5498-SA

Forms you will need to complete:

IRS Form 8889 to report your HSA contributions, distributions and your tax deductions from IRS Forms 1099-SA and 5498-SA. (Instructions for Form 8889)

IRS Form 8853. If you have a Medical Savings Account (MSA), or transferred an MSA to your HSA, this form is to report your MSA contributions and distributions. (Instructions for IRS Form 8853)